A Must Read Guide Before Hiring A Life Transition Coach
So you are looking for a Life Transition Coach but you are not sure what you should be looking for?
The answers to these six frequently asked questions would guide you to find the right fit for you.
First of all, let’s get clear with the definition.
1.) WHAT IS A LIFE TRANSITION COACH?
A Life Transition Coach is a coach who specialises in helping you navigate change and transition in your life. As we are living in the new normal, a world with increased Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity, more and more people are looking for a life transition coach.
2.) WHAT DOES A LIFE TRANSITION COACH DO?
- Shift the stress and anxiety into creativity and actionable solution plans.
- Identify the inappropriate behavioural patterns that have been sabotaging your personal and professional life, consciously or unconsciously.
- Release the emotional baggage that’s been pulling you back, making ways for more empowering emotions to flow in and push you forward.
- Reprogram the mind with empowering mindset, belief systems, values and rules of life that would bring out your best self.
- Recondition yourself to do the unfamiliar, over and over again until you become the upgraded version of yourself, so you can create a lasting change in your life.
3.) WHEN DO YOU NEED A LIFE TRANSITION COACH?
- You are an executive leader who has worked hard and achieved tremendous success in your carer, but now, you no longer enjoy what you do, it no longer gives you the fulfilment and growth, you want out because you feel like you have a greater calling, you are seeking new meaning in your life. You are afraid of the uncertainty in the path of the unknown and unfamiliar, but you want to Crystallise your vision and Create a purposeful life with more passion, freedom, and happiness.
- You are an independent, smart, goal-getter career woman who experienced a life setback, you lost your marriage recently and you feel like you’ve lost everything. You begin to doubt yourself and your self-worth, you notice your confidence is slipping away and you are losing your drive in life. You feel miserable but you know you are stronger than who you think you are now. You want to Reset, Re-calibrate and Rise from your setback.
- You are a professional who feels lost and stuck in a boring job. You want to change your job but you don’t know what to do. You hate having Monday Blues, feeling miserable on the weekdays and living for the weekends. You feel frustrated and it impacts other areas of your life (career, relationship, emotional wellbeing). You want to get paid doing what you love but you don’t know how to transition yourself safely.
- Whether you have lost a loved one, had relationship breakup, career change, moving to a new country, it usually comes with high uncertainty, fear, and anxiety. Some people will resort to shut-down and run away from their challenges because the human mind is wired to have safety, comfort, and certainty. A skilled Life Transition Coach is trained to help you navigate these hurdles, help you co-create the future you want and make it possible.
4.) WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO ENGAGE A LIFE TRANSITION COACH?
When you say yes to the following questions:
- Are you ready to take control of your life through intensive inner work, to let go of unworthy emotional baggage that’s been pulling you back, and allow your best self to show up?
- Are you willing to commit and not looking for an easy ride?
- Do you want a guide who can create a safe space for you to navigate your fears and uncertainty, so you can turn your fears into freedom, allowing you to move forward with concrete plans, turning the uncertainty into certainty?
- Do you want someone who can help you build and boost your confidence level so you can achieve the goals you think impossible now?
5.) WHY SHOULD YOU NOT ENGAGE A LIFE TRANSITION COACH?
If you say yes to the following questions:
- Are you happy with where you are now and you believe that it can’t get any better?
- Are you a super self-driven individual who doesn’t need any support because you can be accountable to yourself?
- Do you have people who can show you your blind spots and communicate it objectively to evoke effective changes?
6.) WHAT OUTCOMES CAN YOU EXPECT TO GAIN WHEN YOU WORK WITH A LIFE TRANSITION COACH?
The outcomes vary among individuals. How much you put in is how much you gain. There is a wise saying,
“You can have the best coach in the world, but you can’t hire someone to do your ‘push-up’ for you”.
However, when you make the move, you can expect to have:
- Gained back control in your life.
- A purposeful, clear direction and life plan.
- Stopped procrastination – increased consistency to do what you said you want to do, even when you don’t feel like it.
- Let go of stress, anxiety, fear, depression – Increased motivation and happiness in life.
- Identified/Developed/Strengthen innate gifts or personal power.
- Increased self-esteem, confidence and self-worth.
- Improved relationship with self and others.
- Improved emotional and physical well-being.
- Achieved your goals faster and easier.
I hope the above guide helps you to make an informed decision in getting the right coach for you.
And when you are ready to work with one, you can claim your one-off complimentary coaching call at